I, and my colleagues at BenefitPlace (.biz) & BP Trade Show (.com), are getting tired of the National, and Insurance Industries, focus on "Doom & Gloom" for the Economies and Future of the United States - especially the pervasive commentary generated by Politicians - Democrats, Republicans & Tea Party - who appear focused on getting elected rather than Proposing Solutions for our Current Problems!
The US does have some Major Challenges - What's New! -- China, India, etc. are Major Competitors in World Markets! I believe the US will not only meet the Challenges, Survive, and Gain Competitive Ground over the next decades, We Will Thrive! China, India, etc. are a challenge but not a long-term threat - They are the best opportunity the US has had in years!
Currently our economy is slow, our Governments on the National, Regional, State, & local levels are expensive and wasteful, and our National debt is outrageous! Good decisions and belt tightening can change these facts! Electing talented officials will help! We all may need to make sacrifices! These sacrifices will be minor compared to those made by the US population to successfully emerge victorious from the 1st & 2nd World Wars as well as the Great Depression!
Current competitors and debt holders - like China, India, etc. - have much greater near and longer-term concerns and challenges! They will be forced to face the challenges we have successfully faced and conquered in the past! The internet will accelerated the process!:
- The Working Populations will demand Greater Compensation & Benefits - commensurate with world standards!
- Child Labor will be a major issue!
- Women will demand Greater Equality!
- Environmental Issues will become a costly reality!
- Government Subsidies will become limited leading to greater taxation!
- The Cost of Goods and Services provided for worldwide economies, including the US, will increase dramatically - making them far less competitive!
- The United Nations, and more influential groups, will begin to crackdown on the capacity of these countries to Steal and Knock-Off Products & Services!
- Increased Employee Income in these countries will create incredible new markets for attractive and innovative US products!
How does this apply to the Insurance & Benefits Industries?
- The Employer, Employee and Individual Markets will rebound and thrive! The marketplace will change - the needs of these parties will continue and/or accelerate!
- The US Government Regulations currently being implemented will open new and lucrative markets as Employees & Individuals demand methods to better protect their well-being, income & savings!
- Employer, Employee and Individual confusion about new Government Plans will open new, as well as lucrative, markets for "Fee-Based Advising" - The advising market has been doing well in the Investment Markets over the years as controls continue to increase!
- Expanding World Markets - like China, India, etc. - will open new doors for those with expertise and a willingness to utilize the internet, social media, etc!
- Those who focus on "Doom & Gloom" will probably leave the marketplace - existing opening doors for those who provide alternatives for Employers, Employees & Individuals.
- A Rebound in the US Markets - combined with expanding worldwide opportunities, a renewed emphasis on saving, and the preservation of income will open new markets for those in the Insurance & Benefits Industries who remain!
KEEPING THIS IN MIND, I BELIEVE THE UNITED STATES IS THE "BEST LOCATION IN THE WORLD"!
Please share your thoughts! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org!
Have a Great Week!